Sending Electronic/Digital academic records has been an imperative institutional document delivery method in this digital age. Especially during the COVID-19, more and more institutions across the world have shifted their delivery of academic records from the traditional mail to using different forms of digital solutions. Prior to the COVID-19, CES has regularly accepted electronic/digital academic records shared with us via established, secure inter-institutional means for review.
Secure Online Platforms Sharing of Electronic Documents
CES accepts electronic/digital institutional documents shared through a secure online platform established either by the issuing institutions or via a third party document sharing platform. The documents shared are generally certified PDFs and can be downloaded by CES through direct access to the portal or a secure link.
If your former institutions issue institutional documents in this way, please request them or the respective online platforms to send the access information to email@example.com.
CES accepts documents shared by the following organizations
- China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) (for degree verification only)
- China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC)
- Credentials Solutions
- Digitary Core
- My eQuals
- Norwegian Diploma Registry
- National Student Clearing House
CES also accepts documents shared through individual institutional portals established by your former institutions. Please visit our COUNTRY SPECIFIC ACADEMIC DOCUMENT TOOL and select your country of education for more details.
If your former institution has established and maintained its own document sharing platform, please ask them to contact our office by submitting a request form so we can collaborate with them to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery of your institutional documents.
If your former academic institution wants to share your academic records via email as attachments, please ask them to send the academic records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can send the documents?
- Registrar's office
- Controller of Examinations
- Academic Affairs/Services
- Rector’s Office
How should the documents be sent?
The electronic transcript must be sent via an institutional email address belonging to the appropriate office/department/unit that is in charge of academic document issuance or verification.
- Generic email domains (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail) are generally not considered as official institutional email unless the email can be verified by CES.
Our office will then authenticate the electronic transcript according to our internal authentication procedures. Once we complete this, as we do at every stage of your application, we will confirm with you in writing.
Tips of Sending Electronic/Digital Academic Records
- Check the country-specific academic document tool to understand the specific requirements for institutional/official documents
- Ensure your full name and student number (X@@@@@@) are included in the email or the Subject line
- Ensure your student number (X@@@@@@) is on the electronic documents from your former issuing institution
- Select the digital delivery method if the university offers to delivery the documents by mail and digitally
- Make sure the electronic documents are sent to email@example.com. Electronic documents sent to other CES email addresses will be disregarded
- Whenever possible, do not set an expiry date to your electronic documents so our access will not be blocked
- Electronic documents sent from your personal email will not be accepted
- Do not share your own login credentials with CES for privacy reasons. We cannot use them to access your academic records