CES’s assessment provides the Canadian equivalency for the academic credential submitted for evaluation. Language of instructions has no bearing on the assessment outcome and therefore is generally not included in the assessment report package.
Some professional associations/regulatory bodies require the assessment report to include the language of instructions for the assessed academic credential(s). In such a case, CES will provide the assessment report in conjunction with a letter of confirmation to state the language of instructions of your academic credential(s). These professional associations/regulatory bodies include:
- Real Estate Council of Alberta
- Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
- Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP)
If the professional association you are associated with is not listed above, please submit a request for advice.
CES will only provide the letter of confirmation on the language of instructions if the following criteria have been met:
- The professional association/regulatory body clearly states that the language of instructions must be included in the credential assessment report
- The professional association/regulatory body is included in your online application as an authorized third party
- The language of instructions is clearly stated on your official academic record or curriculum for all courses in the program you completed
Please be advised that this confirmation letter does not supersede the language proficiency test requirements of any educational institution, professional association, regulatory body, or government agency.