What documents do I need to submit for an ECA application?

Your application requires both scanned copies of documents provided to CES within your online application (Part A) and Official Academic Record sent to CES directly from your awarding institution (Part B).

You must complete your online application and obtain your CES Student Number prior to having official documents sent to our office.

Please click here to download our supporting document checklist and use this to help you in preparing your application. 

Part A: Supporting documents required within the online application

  1. A scanned copy of a government issued identification (ID) showing date of birth.
  2. A scanned copy of both sides of the final award (degree/diploma certificate) in its original language.
  3. A scanned copy of both sides of the academic record (transcripts/mark sheets) in its original language.
  4. An accompanying word-for-word translation of all documents not in English or French completed by a certified professional translator.

Part B: Official Academic Record

After completing your online application, you must provide CES with your official academic record.

Your official academic record (transcript) must be;

  • Sent directly to CES office by the awarding institution, in an institution-sealed envelope 


  • You can forward the institution-sealed envelope to our office if the institution releases the official/verified academic records/transcript to you

CES has prepared a “Request Official Academic Records” form to assist with #5. Applicants may submit this request form to their educational institution to help complete this process. 

The official documents from your awarding body/academic institution must be mailed to the following address in a, institution sealed envelope (this will be on the request form):

Student No: X______________________
Comparative Education Service
University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
158 St. George Street
Toronto, ON  M5S 2V8

Please refer to our Country Specific Academic Document Tool as some countries have specific document requirements. If your country of study is not listed in the country list, please select “Country Not Listed” from the drop-down list.

Please click here for current processing times.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful