What types of credential assessments can I apply for?

The Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) report for immigration purposes can be used when applying for immigration to Canada under:

  • Caregiver Class and Express Entry,
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • Canadian Experience Class, and
  • Provincial Nominee Program

The Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) report for general (non-immigration) use can be used for employment, education and licensure. If you wish to pursue further studies in Canada, please consult the educational institution where you wish to study to confirm whether this assessment report (especially the course-by-course assessment type within the General use stream) is necessary, as most post-secondary institutions in Canada conduct their own assessments of foreign education as part of their admission process.

Please be advised that applicants are not recommended to pursue both General and Immigration streams. You must choose only one stream.

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report completed for general (non-immigration) use cannot be used when applying for immigration. However, an ECA report completed for immigration purposes can be used for both immigration and non-immigration (general) purposes. It will be valid for a period of five years for immigration purposes and remain valid indefinitely for non-immigration (general) use.  Click here to apply now.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful