What types of credential assessments can I apply for?

The Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) report for immigration purposes can be used when applying for immigration to Canada under:

  • Caregiver Class and Express Entry,
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • Canadian Experience Class, and
  • Provincial Nominee Program

The Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) report for general (non-immigration) use can be used for employment, education and licensure. If you wish to pursue further studies in Canada, please consult the educational institution where you wish to study to confirm whether this assessment report (especially the course-by-course assessment type within the General use stream) is necessary, as most post-secondary institutions in Canada conduct their own assessments of foreign education as part of their admission process.

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report completed for general (non-immigration) use cannot be used when applying for immigration. Similarly, an ECA report completed for immigration purposes can only be used for immigration purposes. It will be valid for a period of five years for immigration purposes. Applicants with an immigration purpose ECA completed by CES can apply to have the immigration purpose ECA converted to a general purpose ECA at a reduced application fee.  Click here to apply now.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful